9/29/2010

Wrinkles. I can do without.

So, Friday I turn 35. Yay! (Not really) Having 4 kids alone will age you significantly. 2 being teenagers doubles your age.
I have always, always been a user of Oil of Olay moisturizer, My Mom always used it and I had dry skin so I used it. I think this is the biggest reason that I don't have a ton of wrinkles.  I have honestly been using Oil of Olay (in the pink bottle) since I was 12 or 13 years old.
 Oil of Olay is not getting rid of the parentheses around my mouth.  I noticed it with my wedding photos.  Holy shit! Those lines are getting DEEP!! Thank God I know how to photoshop!!
I should could quit smoking..but I'm not gonna lie, not gonna happen any time soon. My sister in law is now certified in Juvederm injections and I can get it done dirt cheap, but at 35 really? I don't know.
This paranoia has had me on a quest for the perfect products. So far this is what I have tried:

All the crap from "Garnier" - I have used their whole "shit your wrinkly" line. Not impressed. I still prefer the results from Olay, and their deep wrinkle stuff didnt make a damn difference.

Avon:  I have the ANEW CLINICAL Advanced Wrinkle Corrector. Paid like 40 bucks for it. Left my skin greasy and made me break out. I did use it sparingly and still felt greasy. I did my research too! It has HIGH ratings and women swear by it. I guess I'm the 1% it didn't do crap for. I used it over a month. Didn't reduce my (parentheses) around my mouth.

Frownies: Again, did my research. All the celebrities LOVE it and quite a few bloggers say it rocks. I caved and figured why not. I hit Ebay and ordered me some "Frownies". Now, I have been using this for a month or so and honestly, I don't get it! I get a glue strip wet and smack it on my face in those wrinkly areas. I then leave it on overnight and get the pleasure of ripping it off my face. OUCH!! IT HURTS!! I have even tried taking them off in the hot shower..PAINFUL. I wondered "where are all these results people are talking about?" I haven't seen any at all. I did more research. Its glue on paper. Its job is to hold your face in place while you sleep to help reduce facial muscle movement. Its ingredients are: Unbleached Natural Kraft Paper with water-soluble dry gum adhesive. Its freckin glue on paper!!! I paid for this shit?!
They say results are almost instant when using this product..ummm, NOPE!! not a damn result. I used them for about 2 1/2 weeks. All I got was pain from trying to take them off. Was like pulling duct tape off of my face.
Now at the risk of embarrassing  myself I want you all to see what I mean.

 Check out those damn (parentheses)! WTF!!? Yeah look at those HUGE results Frownies gave me. NADDA!!! Shit looks just as deep as they were the month before I started using them.

Last night I did MORE research. Searching for something that will help those damn joker lines around my mouth. I have seen RAVE reviews on a line called Alpha Hydrox. They have a HIGH AHA ( AHA, or alpha hydroxy acid... ability to reduce the signs of aging and to improve acne) Women are swearing by it, but then again they did about all the other garbage I purchased as well.
Needless to say I ordered it. I hope I get some results that are worth talking about. I am becoming a skeptic and think I just need my Sister in law to stick a needle in my face.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

how did it work out for you? i have those same damn lines and I'm thinking of the juve too. but its like 500.00! my husband would literally shit his pants! I'm 33 and mine are very slight BUT i want to stop it from getting worse and in all honesty its all i see in pictures! especially since i wear foundation .. i skip applying it around my mouth and just blend the rest from my face so its not noticeable that I'm not applying there. sucks big time :(

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.