9/30/2010

The best birthday present ever

Tomorrow (October 1st) is my 35th Birthday. Yippie
Age sucks. With that said, today I got the best birthday present ever.
August 3rd my baby brother Nick left for basic training for the Air Force. I was crushed to find out he wouldn't be able to attend my wedding. I cried and got all selfish but I knew this is what is best for Nick and his future in being in law enforcement. My other bother Chris was also in the Air Force. He left right after 9/11 and is now in college to be an engineer.
Nick is only 21 so I got all sisterly and worried way to much because I refuse to realize he is past the age of 6. Basic is now over and it is time for Nick to graduate. My cousin called me tonight to relay a message from my Mom. My brother Nick graduates this weekend and...
HE WILL GRADUATE WITH HONORS!! Almost 700 and he is in the top 30! HELL YES NICK!! I knew it!!! Both my brothers are beyond amazing to me and I have always felt in my heart they would both become something very special in life.
My Mother and I may hate each other but it was nice she had my cousin relay the message. My Mom knows how much I adore my baby brothers. She also told my Cousin to tell me that starting Monday he gets his cell phone back and I can finally call him.
Best birthday gift EVER!! I love you Nick. Yet again you have made your sister BEAM with pride!!
 Far right is Nick. In the middle is my other Brother Chris. The goof on the far left is our Cousin.

No comments: