6/01/2010

Advice on your wedding day set ups

I read a blog post today and I had to share it with you ladies. Please take a look!
View Blog Here
A bride paid good money for a "set up team" for her reception. It seems they failed in many areas and it really upset her.

Who will you have to set up your reception? Please make sure they know what YOU want.

PLEASE take pictures of every mock set up for every area of your ceremony/reception. Make sure each image has written directions as well.
Every glass, napkin, centerpiece, candle etc has a place..YOUR PLACE. Make sure people are well informed on how it is to be laid out. Don't be afraid to be detailed! Who cares if some think you're neurotic. After all, it is your day. You worked very hard to get every detail perfect.


I have already assigned a few people to monitor our reception set up while I am getting ready. One is my Cousin the DJ. I figure he will be setting up all day and he can supervise as well to make sure everything is my way. Each person will have pictures in their hand so when they check the reception hall, they have reference.

Thank you Genevieve for sharing this on your blog. I am sure your experience will help many!

3 comments:

amber said...

I've read Genevieve's post and it got me VERY concerned. Because I plan on having my wedding at a vacation home, there is no option of a "typical package" that the venue folks can just put together just as they do every weekend.

It's either do it myself day of adding to my stress and time crunch and sweat, sticking it to my family (mom would love to help me but is the first to say she is NOT crafty or detail oriented; I know she'd end up really upset and scared that she was letting me down. I want HER to enjoy the day too, so that is not an option) or hiring someone.

So basically, I MUST hire someone. I really hope I pick the right someone. I think my mantra has to be "keep it simple stupid" so that there's very little the coordinator can mess up.

Welcome! said...

Amber! I have been trying to reach you with the giveaway on my printable bride! Make sure you email me soon!!

printablebride@gmail.com

and your comment...
I think as long as you give them pictures and written details on how it should be, it should work. Honestly, if it doesnt, it's ok. In the end you will still be married.
No one will even know how anything is supposed to be anyways, so they will more than likely not notice (other than you lol)

Genevieve said...

Thank you for sharing my story on your blog!

Seriously, do not believe anything your setup team tells you! Think of them as really in experienced and explain how to set everything up like they are 5 years old!

Happy wedding planning!!!