2/19/2010

My dress revisited

So remember when I was freaking over my Barbie dress? I knew eventually I would figure it out ,and ladies it is slowly coming together.
Here was the dress in all of its Barbie glory.

















Dont get me wrong...the dress is stunning. It was just the more I looked at it, the more I realized it wasnt me. The tiara, the poof. It was more of a dress my Fiancee saw me in. I could not see myself in this dress even just to make him happy. I had to find me in it somewhere.
Now this dress is a sample gown and even the above picture is really different than the original state of the dress. (see below)













So after research and talking with the salon owner and one of her seamstresses I started to find my vision...





















If you notice there is tulle visible at the front of the skirt. We covered the rhinestones under the bust with a black sash. We removed 1 layer of crinoline and she started pinning away. I wanted a dress that would show off my fab shoes. The owner Jamie had a wonderful idea..what if we make that visible tulle removable..VELCRO!! I though, that can work!! I can remove the tulle if I choose and get a totally different look. The owner Jamie then walked away for a minute to help another customer, this is when her seamstress stepped in. I asked her to pin up the tulle and see what happened...





























I freaked..THIS IS IT!! THIS IS THE LOOK!! The owner came back and was stunned!! She could not believe how great it looked! Now, the pinning is uneven because they did it quickly so this is not 100% complete by any means..it is just the "vision". It will be more fitted on the hips as well. There is just so much bulk in the back that its adding bulk to the front. It has a bit of a bell look to it right now because some of the poof still needs to be worked out. I went from Barbie to a more vintage/glam look. It is unique and 100% ME!! Since the dress is custom, no one will have it and that too thrills me!
So this is the start of my gown! Now I am excited!!



I have to give such a huge shout out to Jamie at Bella Sposa Bridal Boutique.  She runs her the salon the way it should be run. No high pressure, friendly, caring and understanding. This doesn't happen to often in the wedding industry. So kudos to you and your amazing staff Jamie!! You all have become my family!!

6 comments:

Chocolate Lover said...

Wow! Looks gorgeous! It's like 2 different dresses!

Unpredictable Mom said...

Thank you so much!!

Kristal said...

So pretty and unique!

Samantha said...

I love the front without the tulle! So different than ANYTHING I have seen :)

Unpredictable Mom said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unpredictable Mom said...

Thank you so much!! I keep going back and forth on keeping the tulle and making it visible or no tulle...or I can make the tulle removable which I think may be the best idea(Velcro!)..this way I can get 2 looks with 1 dress!!