2/17/2010

I don't like card boxes..my alternative

Today I went to Michaels looking for a card box a bride posted. They had them but I sat there just not liking it. Not the box itself..it was very cute and well made. I was not liking the "concept".
I then thought "birdcage" then quickly asked myself "why" because I don't like those either. Just not my style.

I wanted something I could use again. I hate that so much wedding stuff is disposable, sell-able or stored away to look at again in 25 years. I plan on selling a bulk of my goods from the centerpieces to the cake stand but I want something I can use in my home that I can look at and be reminded of my day (besides pictures).
Then, I saw it.. a vase.
I purchased this very large vase that my guests can place their cards in instead of a box or birdcage. I plan on tying a nice sash around it and finishing it off with a bow. Its large enough to fit every size card and it is very deep as well.
I am not concerned about people sticking their hands in it and stealing my cards...who does that anyways?
I think it will look awesome on the table next to my photo mats that guests will sign..
I know not the norm but I love it!!!
After, I can place it in my house as decoration!! The Vase was $29.99 and I had a 40% off coupon

The vase is 19 inches tall and the opening is 9 inches across. It has a pretty hourglass shape too.

1 comment:

Kristal said...

LOVE this idea!!! :D