12/17/2009

I'm tempted to have an affair..on my dress!!

I have said it time and time again. I have serious commitment issues. Not with my wonderful fiance..with my DRESS! I purchased it the day after Thanksgiving and it was not on a whim.
I have tried on at least 100 dresses. It was a long and painful process for me. This to me, has been the worst part of my planning. I did fall in love with my dress. I danced in the salon like a silly idiot. I got giddy before it was even zippered up...I started rejoicing!! "I found it!!" I yelled.
What made me love this dress was that it is not a cookie cutter gown. I have never seen a bride post it on any of the bridal communities. I wanted different because I am different. Chris was always stuck on that word "wedding-ish". It had to be wedding-ish. This to me was wedding-ish. It had the skirt I wanted. It was fitted. It felt timeless and classic. To me it was a dress that would of been worn back in the day of old Hollywood. The pleats, the accents.
After all of this, I sit here thinking "Do I still love it?"
I have seen brides time and time again second guess their dress after it is paid for. I am now one of those brides. I always thought they were silly for doing so..I do not think so anymore.
Saturday I am going to the salon once again with my Maid of Honor and my future Sister in Law so they can pick their dresses. I will put on my gown once again..I hope I still feel the love. I am so scared I will not.
I really hope I do not have an affair on my dress...



 
 
 

Ya know, after loading these pictures...I don't think I will have the affair!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I ended up getting married in a beautiful dress that I didn't love. It was in my price range, but it wasn't at all what I pictured or wanted. Your dress is closer to what I wanted than mine. I love your dress! I totally understand feeling like you may not love your dress. I ended up buying three dresses.

http://wedding-yumeya.net/1/jh8850.jpg

That's the dress I wanted so bad I wanted to scream and cry, but it wasn't even close to my price range. Settling sucks.

cupcake wedding said...

Your dress is lovely and you look lovely in it. I vote against cheating.

Unpredictable Mom said...

Thank you for your input!! It actually means a lot to me! I will know for sure Saturday but like I said, after seeing the pic one more time I just smiled..I really do love this dress!