12/16/2009

3rd times a charm

I love my WBC sisters and I love doing different write ups on them. We have all heard of the expression third times a charm. This wonderful bride take us there. Here is the story of 3rdtimebride



My Name is Wanda, and when I walk down the isle next Oct. 2010 I will be 50 yrs old and a 3rd time bride.
Looking Back I didn't think I would be in this place in my life,Meaning as I like to joke; Trying to give Liz Taylor's 8x Bride a run for her Title.
I make the joke because of the looks I get from People, friends, family and yes even people who work in the Wedding Industry.
First the congratulate me then go Quite "oh" well how can I help? It seems all the usual sparkle goes out of their sales pitch!

Its been an eventful trip toward my 3rd Marriage, but being the Hopeless Romantic I always have looked for a" forever kind of love" Like the Old song says.
I really think I have found it with my new Love Len.

How We met was a very Today kind of way, that you hear more of today. We both joined an on line dating site.
Personally I met 5 or 6 men for coffee, and even dated 1 or 2 a couple of times.
with not much luck. So I stopped visiting the site but did not take my profile off, and Just got on with being a single Mom.

When Len E mailed me, I was just at a point of being off Men, So I wasn't really interested in meeting him but he kept E mailing me, so we chatted on line for a bit, when I finally gave him my phone number Poor Len was so nervous He talked almost too fast to understand, It made me think of what My Old Gym teacher In grade 7 told us before our first dance...." If the Boy gets up the nerve to ask you to dance, even if you don't know him, or like him, think of how hard it was for him to ask, and its only one dance."
So Luckily for Len, I took that same approach to meeting him for a coffee.... I figured it would only be 20 Min's. out of my life right? why not? LOL
We meet at a Tim Horton's coffee near my house. Len was already there waiting and looking like that little grade 7 boy I pictured in my mind. We talked for quite a while when Len reached into his bag, and pulled out Tomatoes, corn and eggs... saying, Here this is for you.... I had to laugh Most Men brought flowers!
Well ( don't tell my boys) but that 20 min. coffee lasted from 11 am Saturday until 5 pm Sunday . Coffee, Movie,Dinner, breakfast and Lunch again then I had to Kick him out finally because My boys where coming home. But He came back Tuesday night to meet my Boys, and We have been together almost everyday since.

I wish Wanda and Len nothing but the very best! I myself am a second time bride and I believe love is love, no matter how long or how many times it takes you to find it. Sometimes we have to kiss a few frogs to find our prince. I am glad Wanda found hers, and no matter what the age..she will be and is a stunning and fabulous bride!!

No comments: