8/12/2010

Im tired of shoes

I can't BELIEVE I just said that. I love shoes, really! My quest for the perfect shoe to wear with my gown has been ridiculous, almost as bad as my quest for the dress.
My issue was that my lovely Husband wasn't sold on me wearing my red converse the whole night. He wants some shots with me wearing "normal" shoes. He just has to complicate things. My problem came when my dress came in. The length is almost perfect so it doesn't allow me to wear a high heel at all. 2 inches tops. Should be easy but it's not.
I started by purchasing this shoe
The heel was to high and they were not comfortable. Had to return them. I in turn purchased this shoe

I freckin LOVED these shoes, guess what? Cant dye them. UGH!! Had to return them. I check online for every seller of this shoe for my size in ivory. No one had them. I returned those and purchased these:

Another pair that hurt my feet and honestly, didn't love them. RETURN!!! I returned them for these:

Cute right? Yeah until I got them. The site says they are 2 inches. WRONG!! They are like 3 inches. I took them to a shoe repair place and they are going to reduce the heel so it will be 2 1/2 inches. I still think they will be to high but they are non returnable (ebay) sooooo..
I decided to look more.
Im kinda gaudy with shoes. I wanted something that would stand out and scream SHAYNE!!
I found these today
I have NO clue if these will look good with my dress but we will find out. For 30 bucks its worth a try. The heel height is perfect and ya cant go wrong with glitter!! I figure if my one shoe with the heel shortened isnt enough I will just wear these for some "normal" pictures and then will quickly switch to my red converse like I always wanted

I know they look oranges (iphone pic) but they are actually red!
Im hating shoes right now. I found a million pairs I loved so so so much with a good heel but my dress length wont allow it, and no there is no extra hem left at the bottom to take out *sigh*

UPDATE!! 
I also just ordered these babies!!

Totally love them! Have such a vintage flair which makes me happy. I hope they fit. I wear and 8.5 or a 9 depending and they only had these in a 8.5. Hope they fit!! 

Just call me vintage barbie! HA!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was in the same boat as you. I FINALLY found my shoes at DSW a couple of weeks ago. I've been looking for a pair of purple peep toe pumps for almost our entire engagement (2 years).

I think I went through at least five pairs of shoes before I found the ones I'll wear for our wedding. It was harder trying to find shoes than it was deciding on a dress!