7/24/2010

The RSVP game...

I was just curious as to how many brides will play this game? You know, the one where your RSVP date is past and you only got like 20 cards back...
Now, I know I am a bit ahead of myself because our due date is August 20th but I will say this...
I will not chase anyone for a response. If you can not have the common curiosity to fill out a card that takes 30 seconds of your life so I can pay for your $70.00 meal, you're not going.Period.
Do not expect to see your name on the seating chart. It will not be there. The other guests who did RSVP may be happy. Why? Because the less that show, the better the meal. They may be eating steak and lobster!

I just find it crazy that people just "assume" you know they are going. I find it appalling that so many have such a lack of respect.
Do they honestly think I have more free time than they do? I have 4 children that occupy 99% of my life. The rest is being a bargain hunting, wheeling and dealing wedding planner, maid, cook, taxi driver, nurse, therapist and so much more...yeah, you have no excuse.
I will not feed you. Plain and simple.
Some may think this is rude of me, however I think not returning an RSVP for any event is rude as well.


Do you plan on playing the RSVP game? I don't.

2 comments:

Amy Lowe said...

i wont be playing either, you made the effort to give them the RSVP cards its the very least they could do to sent it back or even hand post it if they are able to

Unpredictable Mom said...

I agree!!!