5/25/2010

Doing it your way.

In past posts, I have talked about others being not to keen on my ideas and selections for our wedding. My Husband was one of them! From the short dress, black shoes, wedding location and even my selected "style" of photography and "theme". I was always questioned and looked at with a funny face.
Let me tell you, I have NO regrets. I did it my way and I am so happy I did! 
Our pictures turned out beautiful and I have received nothing but wonderful comments and compliments. Family members were shocked at how it all came together.
My advice to all you ladies is follow your heart and your head during your planning process, no matter what anyone says.
If you love your dress, and they don't..who cares! It is what YOU want and love. If you want polka dots and zebra stripes, go for it! Please do not let anyone sway you from your wants and dreams.
Their opinions may be harsh and not always pleasant but that's OK. You do not want to look back on your day with this thought:
"I wish I would of..."

After our wedding ceremony, my Husband was amazed how everything just "worked". He thought I looked beautiful, he loved my shoes and veil, he loved the location and he LOVES the pictures.
My Husband no longer questions ANY of my decisions for the formal reception we are having. Let me tell you, he questioned everything!! Ladies, he even let me book my photo booth! YES!!! I did it yesterday *winks*
Please, do it your way. Do not let others break you down. You will not regret it in the end. The only thing you will regret is if you let others influence you and your decision making on your big day. Hold your ground and stay strong!
Happy planning to all the brides!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Kelley at My Island Wedding said...

Good for you! And I agree completely!!! Love your blog and want to follow it asap!
-kelley

Unpredictable Mom said...

Thank you Kelley!!

amber said...

Yay, congrats :) Glad your vision came to fruition the way you hoped :)

Kat said...

congrats lovely, I knew he'd come around in the end! It was so beautiful

xoxoxo

Sara said...

Congratulations!! it is SO important to stick with your vision, knowing that it will look great and all turn out wonderfully. Which after looking at your photos it is clear that it did!

Question for you (speaking of coming together beautifully) I *love* the layout of your blog... did you do it yourself or did someone design it for you?

Unpredictable Mom said...

Thanks Sara!! I used a free template from here
http://www.ourblogtemplates.com/search/label/Newspaper%20template

Its the News Paper III template and I just edited the heck out of it myself
:)