3/11/2010

Wedding Invites..part 1

Doing this for a living complicates things a lot. I can design a million things for clients and customers, however with myself..it is never good enough. Needless to say, I have had at least 100 versions of what can be our reception invitation.

I was inspired by this save the date.

I printed and then scanned the save the date. I then cleaned it up just a tad, and created a photoshop brush.
I then found a funky hand written font, this is what I got.

 
Click the image to see the details
I like the small imperfections. The not so perfect black outlines, the red not staying in the lines. It may not be something my wonderful Fiancee likes. I will have to show him tomorrow. He may think it is just not "fancy" enough considering our venue is a formal affair.
It is really starting to grow on me.
Opinions?

UPDATE: If I do decide on this, it will be printed on an ivory colored stock that has a bit of an aged feel to it.

3 comments:

Chocolate Lover said...

I really like them. I've seen them being used as STD's by another blogger.

Heather {Butterflygirlms} said...

I think it's FABULOUS!! We are our worst critic..LOL

Unpredictable Mom said...

Isnt that the truth Heather!!! I cant even keep a layout up more than 3 days hahah!!
Yes Chocolate thats where I actually got the idea from.