3/29/2010

Tasting, tasting 1..2..3..

Saturday was our tasting for our banquet hall. The Mr. and I packed up 3 of the 4 kids and headed off. Initially our menu was to consist of Filet Mignon, chicken breast and the traditional side goodies. Let the tasting begin!
 The chef started pulling out platters, none with the filet. I then asked the manager where it was. She quickly started flipping through our folder and looked at the chef. "I made a mistake, they didn't want beef". The chef then offered to order us filets and would have them available for us to pick up during the week so we could taste them at home if we liked.
 We proceeded with the tasting. In the back of my head I was praying to whoever would listen to let the Mr. love their chicken. Why?  Deep in my cute little brain I really wanted a photo booth. The whole steak/chicken combo pushed our budget and my dream of a photo booth out the door. We were given 3 chicken choices. One was to die for! I couldn't believe it. The Mr. was stunned! It was an amazing chicken breast that had been marinated in an Italian dressing,  then lightly topped with a wonderful Alfredo sauce. It melted in your mouth! My face lit up. The Mr said to the manager "Forget about the Filet, I want this chicken..that's all!"
YIPPIEEE! I yelled quietly to myself (tee hee!)
In my mind I start practicing my fabulous poses for the photo booth.
The Mr. has already warned me. "Don't get to excited yet, we still need the new menu price quote". The venue has been very competitive with prices and we are hoping the change to all chicken has made this no different.
So here I sit, waiting patiently for the manager to email me with the new prices while one finger is ready to hit the deposit button for the photo booth.
Someone was looking out for me on Saturday. I have a feeling if that filet would have been there for us to taste, the Mr. would of picked it.
Our menu is official!

Dinner rolls
Chefs salad with 3 dressing selections
Cream of Broccoli/cheddar soup
Harvest blend vegetables
Twice baked potato
Chicken Breast with a creamy Alfredo sauce

Our cake is a melt in your mouth Vanilla with a filling of whipped cream and fresh strawberries.

No comments: