1/28/2010

The Wedding bouquet...Dollar Store style!

We are using all artificial flowers at our reception. I have already purchased the centerpiece flowers from Hobby Lobby this week and an awesome 50% off per bushel.
 

I have been on a mad hunt for artificial flowers for my bouquet. My issue has been that my dress is a very bright white taffeta and most white flowers I have seen are a slight off white. I just couldn't use these. I was afraid that holding it up by my dress would look "dingy". Today I hit up the Dollar Tree. I got THRILLED!! From across the store I spotted bright white flowers. I walked up for closer inspection. Wow these actually look good! I cant believe it. SCORE! I grabbed 10 bucks worth and headed home.
I have created a mock up using my dollar store treasure.
















I grabbed 4 bushels, held them tight and wrapped them in floral tape (another dollar store find)
I then wrapped the stems in some left over black satin fabric I had to add some "bulk". I then wrapped a black ribbon around that.
This is just a test run and is by no means complete. I think I will be adding black feathers along the base of the flowers. I also plan to attach some sparkle to the black ribbon as well.

The label on the flowers says:
Floral Garden Rose Bush.
Purchased @ Dollar Tree
I used 4 bushes for my bouquet.
Heres a look at me holding it.
 
(Dont be envious of my outfit lol!)

Not to bad considering this look only cost me $5.00 without tax

3 comments:

Kristal said...

Beautiful I love it!!

Chocolate Lover said...

Glad you found ones that match your dress!

Heather {Butterflygirlms} said...

Absolutely beautiful. You always come up with awesome stuff. You go girl!

I hope all is well with you! Miss ya!

XOXO

BTW, I have an award waiting for you at my blog, here is the link to receive it!