12/07/2009

Bridal Inspiration Part 1

I will be adding posts from different brides from Wedding By Color. So many brides have great ideas and I want to share them with you all. If you have not joined Wedding by Color you need to! I love this site and I am very active on it. I have tried the Knot and other sites but the love I feel from WBC makes me stay.

My 1st feature is from smr789
 Wedding favors have come along way. No longer are brides leaving you a colorful back full of candy.
Smr789 is offering her guests honey! This is directly from her bridal blog post:

My dad and his business partner have a Flavored Honey business. (www.honeyb.ca)We decided that for the Portuguese guests we are going to give them Maple honey. We found this super cute saying that we are including on the card:

In early days honey symbolized fertility, love, and beauty. Furthermore, it is said that Cupid dipped his arrows in honey to fill the lovers heart with sweetness

We will translate this to portuguese and put it on cards with a brown or green ribbon.

Smr789 also has a wonderful idea for her Saves the Date cards. With her ceremony in Portugal, I think this is a wonderful idea and it saves on postage!!

What she did:
The postcards from Portugal ($40 for 85) then bought white sticker labels ($10 for 100) then printed what we wanted and stamps ($45 for 80) total cost for STD= $95. Our invite people wanted to charge me $250 for STDs. (without postage) Savings=$200!

No I am all on board for postcards STD and RSVPs. There are so many unique ways to create and design these and stay on budget. Lets not forget that postage on them is CHEAPER!!

No comments: