1/20/2010

Veto Power. Why he "thinks" he has it.

My wonderful Chris had but one request in the beginning of our planning...
"I want veto power".
Ummm, Ok. Clearly he is delusional. Here so far is my list of Chris veto power (sigh)
He is in blue.

Part 1- Ohhh!! I want a photo booth!! Pleaseeeee!!
"Oh God NO!! That's Tacky!! VETO!!"
Really Chris? I think their really cool. People will have so much fun with it!
"No, tacky"
Guess what! I can get the photo booth for FREE!! (seriously)
"Even for free, I don't want it"
Well, thanks for your input sweetheart!! I'll be getting that FREE photo booth anyways. My Maid of Honor said she will throw it in the lobby  and he will never see it hahahah!

Part 2-  Chris I HAVE to get a birdcage veil!!
"What the hell is that?" (Shows him the picture and his face goes blank.)
Isn't that CUTE!!!
"Yeah, cute if your my Grandma!!" (again actual quote lol)
Really? You don't like it?
"No, not really"
Humm, interesting.
Heres my latest Esty purchase










Part 3- Chris, we are re working my dress. Do you like it so far?
"Yeah, it looks really nice...ahhh what is THAT?" (he points to my black sash)
Uhh, it's a sash.
"Is that black?"
yeah..why?
"Don't like it!!"
(he says this like a 2 year old. Our Daughter Emmy use to say it for everything when she was younger so he has coined her phrase)
Chris, I want a black sash..its my vision (blah blah blah he heard nothing I said at this point)
"Don't like it"

I then Called my Cousin and maid of Honor..
"He said what!!? Hahahahha!! (then more laughing) Since when do you not get what you want Shayne?"
My response: I feel guilty though.
Cousin: "Do you honestly think hes going to look at you on that day and say what the HELL is that sash and thing on your head?"
I giggled..HECK NO.
Black sash IN.

Part 4- The bridesmaid dress. Veto power HERE? Apparently so lol!!
Picked the girls dresses!! The guys cant wear silver now though because the dress is black & white and not all black. I then showed him our pick:


















"Thats nice. Why cant they wear silver?"
It wont match really (He wants a silver vest and tie)
"I wanted color!"
Since when?
"Dont worry about what they guys are wearing Shayne, I'll take care of it"
GASP!!! GASP!!! GASP!!! GASP!!! 
 I seriously sat there with tears in my eyes getting visions of Miami Vice suits in a foil silver with loafers and no socks..

No you wont..VETO!!!

Maybe I am a bad person for letting him feel he has veto power when in reality he doesn't.
It seems he doesn't agree with me and my decisions just to make me happy. The nerve!!

LOL!!!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL I love this post!! So funny! You will be so beautiful on your wedding day that he will not even notice these things!!! :)

Chocolate Lover said...

Hahahaha! Excellent post! So funny! There are just some things that men should have no say in. Women's attire included :)

Jen said...

LOL! That's funny.

Stopped by from SITS to say hi and welcome.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, all the old wedding choices fights. If I could go back in time, or do my wedding over, I think I would hire a planner. My husband was awful! Oddly, he had a vision of what he wanted for the wedding to be too. Being we are both sutbborn, there was a lot of head butting! Including him telling me I could have THE dress I wanted. That was the last straw. No one was going to mess with the dress! Got it and I managed to tell him to put a lip on him thinking he was calling any more of the shots.
Don't forget it goes both ways though. He won't remember "seeing" certain things, but neither will you. Enjoy your specal day!

Stopping by to give you a big welcome to the SITStahood. We are so glad you could join us and look forward to seeing you around!

Carma Sez said...

You clearly need to revoke his veto power - stat! ;-)

Welcome to SITS. We're glad you joined :-)

sonya said...

LOL, hilarious!

Born to be Mrs. Beever said...

Holy crap! Your Chris sounds like my Mr Fix It! He does the exact same thing to me all the time. And I love what your girls said about him telling no on the day of to the sash and veil :)

I also used to share things with my fiance until he always said no or had something negative to say...so now, I just do it without even telling him. Like your little purchases :) I will also be surprising him with a photobooth :) Can't wait to hear more...I feel ya big time on this one, girl!